Wednesday, May 28, 2008

#7: The Well-Dressed Burrito

The Well-Dressed Burrito
1220 19th St NW St.


What I Got: Chicken Burrito Plate
Cost: 6.75 before tax

Well, I finally took the plunge and went to the infamous Well-Dressed Burrito. And I was, frankly, disappointed. The portions are huge - monumentally big - but the food is pretty average. It's not bad by any stretch, but it's just kind of plain. Kind of spicy, kind of good, just kind of... meh. It's certainly filling, but it's also certainly pretty average.

It's popular because it's quick, cheap, and huge. It's got that going for it. Quality is just basically right down the middle. Three stars for that - I don't think I'm going back, but it was worth the trip, I suppose.

(pardon the half-eaten food picture, I forgot to take a picture before I ate)

4 comments:

DC Elliotts said...

There grill specials are superior to their main menu items. Anytime they have carnitas on the menu, in any form, get it. Delicious.

AJ said...

I've never been to the Well Dressed Burrito. I shall try with caution considering what you've posted. The portion looked ginormous. Look forward to other places that you review.

skijoss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
skijoss said...

I have eaten at the Well Dressed Burrito many times and have NEVER had a bad meal. The food has always been above average and the portions always large enough for another meal which saves money. I think it's a shame that people can't think for themselves. Maybe they shouldn't use caution and try it for themself. Also maybe they should learn how to spell. Right AJ?

eXTReMe Tracker