Wednesday, May 21, 2008

#6 - L Street Bulgogi Cart

L Street Bulgogi Cart
Intersection of 14th St. NW & L St. NW


What I Got: Spicy Chicken Teriyaki w/ Rice & Kimchi
Cost: $6.75 before tax (can't remember price after)

Well, I finally made the trip to the Bulgogi cart at the intersection of L & 14th St. The Yelpers seemed to love it, so I decided that on Monday, I'd make the trip (which wasn't short from my office). It was a brisk afternoon, and there was a long line - a good sign to me that despite the chilly-ness, it was worth the wait for people.

It was and it wasn't. The portion was HUGE. The kimchi was decent (I had only had kimchi once or twice before so I don't know what makes great kimchi) and the chicken was very spicy. However, after a little while, my stomach started to hurt a bit. Actually, a lot. It was probably a combination of the massive amount of food I ate and the spiciness. It was worth it though - the chicken was tender and really tasty. The rice was sticky and fresh (always a good sign that the food itself is fresh when the rice isn't hardened by time), and the service was great.

I'm giving it 4 stars despite how I felt after. I think that was my fault for eating literally a mountain of food and it being really spicy. I should have slowed down instead of eating it in about 20 minutes.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

we're new to the area also. Do you know if there is other "street food" out there? Other than hot dogs?

DJ said...

Yes. There's a really good burrito cart (Carlos' Burritos) right by Farragut North. I also get my coffee from the guy every morning. He's at the corner of K & 17th.

eXTReMe Tracker