Friday, May 9, 2008

#2: Captiol Grounds

Capitol Grounds
1010 17th St. NW

What I Got: Hot Roast Beef Jalapeño Sub w/ bag of chips
Cost: $7.28 after tax

First off, I made a mistake there. They had a Chicken Parm special with a bag of chips and a soda for the same price. I shoulda got that. Anyway. I got the Hot Roast Beef Jalapeño sub. I got it because I love spicy food. I put Tabasco in my chicken noodle soup for chrissake. I had been here once before and got a decent sandwich and figured on this rainy May Friday afternoon, I would have a hot sandwich. And, I figured - why not get a spicy sub! How could that be bad?



Ugh. That's how it is. Ugh. The cheese (havarti) was only on one side of the beef. The horseradish sauce on it was overwhelming, and there were as far as I could tell - no jalapeños on it. I could swear the point of a "jalapeño" sub was to get the "jalapeños" in it. There were none. And that brings us to our second point - the bread. The bread would have been good had it not been soaked in grease. And I understand that roast beef + melted cheese = grease, but this was ridiculous. It was a toasted bun, which should have held up... and didn't.

It wasn't that good, and I'm pretty disappointed in them. The service was good and I was in and out in ten minutes, but the food was pretty mediocre. Filling, but mediocre.

Two stars of five. The chips I bought are tasty (Deep River Sweet Maui Onion).

2 comments:

WhereInDC said...

Try their cobbie wrap -- it's really yummy! Bacon, avacado, and turkey...what else do you need in life?

Nicole said...

Love your blog! Can't wait till next week's entries.

eXTReMe Tracker