Tuesday, May 13, 2008

#3: Naan & Beyond

Naan & Beyond
1710 L St. NW

What I Got: Tandoori Half-Chicken & Rice w/ Naan
Cost: $9.08 after tax

Yesterday I ventured out into the nasty rain and weather to go to Naan & Beyond, located at the corner of 17th & L. It's actually located next door to another Indian place, which confused me at first. Anyhow, I love Indian food (I miss Punjabi Dhaba in Cambridge every day, despite their vermin problem) and while this place was no replacement, it was tasty.

I ordered the Tandoori Half-Chicken and opted for the rice & naan instead of the salad & naan, which cost me an extra buck (definitely worth it). It came out bright red (near purple) and the chicken just fell off the bone with ease. Actually, the chicken was only okay - the rice was fantastic, though. It was really spiced well and had all sorts of veggies in it (peas, carrots, etc). The rice made the meal, frankly.

I was so full after eating it that I didn't touch my naan until around 4:30, when it was still a little warm (came wrapped in tin foil). It was pretty good naan bread. I've had all sorts of naan, and unless you really screw it up, it's always going to be pretty good.



Three stars of five. Pretty tasty rice, huge portion for the price, chicken was okay. I'd go back for it again if I was in the mood. I want to find other Indian food in the area though. Any favorites out there?

1 comment:

Lyra said...

Try Nirvana on 18th and K streets. Vegetarian Indian, they have a lunch buffet that focuses on different parts of India each day of the week (one day is Rajastani, another Keralan, etc). Very good food.

eXTReMe Tracker