Thursday, May 15, 2008

#4: Daily Market

Daily Market
1001 Connecticut Ave. NW


What I Got: Sandwich w/ Hummus, Sprouts, Avocado, Tomato, and Cuke Slices w/ Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup
Cost: $8.01 after tax

Decent enough. Sandwich was tasty - I went healthy yesterday. Definitely a good call. The line was short (I waited for about 5 minutes for my sandwich to be made right there on the spot) and the sandwich was wrapped tightly so it wouldn't fall apart on my way back to my office. The vegetables were crisp and the sandwich itself was worth the cost. It was big and heavy, too, good signs for a well-packed sandwich.

The soup though, couldn't have been more of a disappointment. Chicken noodle soup, typically, has a bit of a salty flavor to it. Just how it is. This had none. The broth was tasteless, the vegetables in it were practically uncooked, and the chicken was minimal and stringy.

Three stars - would have been four for just the sandwich, but the soup was such utter crap that it takes it down a notch. I'll go back, though - they have a lot of sandwiches and a lot of smoothies there I'd like to try.

A few hours later I still felt good - no gastrointestinal problems, and not greasy at all. Good signs.


No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker